Property in Malta
Is Sliema the right location for your business??
14.01.22 | Michael Paris
The commercial real estate market had a significant boost in 2021 compared to the previous year. Sliema was another one of the top locations for business owners looking to rent out commercial property in Malta. Here we will have a brief overview of some of the advantages of opening your business in Sliema in 2022.
- A bit about Sliema
- Renting an office in Sliema
- Renting a catering establishment in Sliema
- Renting a retail outlet in Sliema
A bit about Sliema
Sliema is a town in central-East Malta, bordered by Gzira, and St Julians. The Sliema promenade or Sliema front boasts views of Valletta, Malta's Capital and St. Julians. The main chunk of buses would pass through Sliema on the way in or out of Valletta passing through St. Julians, and off to the North, giving Gzira great accessibility. The population in Sliema in 2019 was over 22,000, however, we have seen a sharp increase in people living there over the last two years due to the development the area has seen and the constant flow of expats moving into the town.
Renting an office in Sliema
Office space in Sliema starts from about a minimum of €240 per sqm per annum, for a finished office space. Businesses located in Sleima are generally very happy to stay in the location because of all the advantages that it has to offer. Here are some advantages of renting office space in Sliema:
Accessibility - Sliema is very accessible by bus, car and walk and is situated on a main bus route.
- Views - Sliema offers stunning views by night or by day. Malta's capital Valletta can be seen from the promenade, seperated only by some of the Island's beautiful sea.
- Restaurants and Bars - Sliema offers some of the Islands best choices for lunch breaks and even afterwork drinks
- Companies in the area - the local companies boast a vibrant atmosphere due to the variety of the many different companies that are situated in the locality
It should be important to note that the two biggest issues that our clients find with renting in Sliema are that parking is an issue in the area and the rates are on the higher end compared to more central areas, however this is due to the high demand from businesses to open in Sliema.
Renting a catering establishment in Sliema
Whether you are looking to rent a bar, or to rent a coffee shop or to restaurant in Malta, Sliema should definitely be one of the top locations on your list.
- Foot-Traffic - Sliema is one of the locations with the most foot traffic on the Island. It boasts a high amount of expats, tourists, and locals that live in the area, providing an endless amount of new potential customers
- Views - Again, Sliema provides great views for your staff and customers to admire. Not to mention the many beaches if you'd like to escape for a quick dip!
- Amenities - Anything you can think of is just a few minutes walk away, with many pet stores, supermarkets such as convenience stores, asian food stores and even local produce trucks.
Accessibility - Sliema is very accessible by bus, car or walk and is situated on the main bus route.
An important thing to keep in mind is that the competition in the area is very great. So you will need to make sure your concept stands out from the crowd to succeed in what might be arguably the Islands busiest Towns.
Renting a retail outlet in Sliema
Renting a shop in Sliema has its perks. Whether you are looking to open a clothing store, convenience store, pet shop, DIY shop, home interiors and so on, Sleima is the place for you!
- Foot-Traffic - Sliema is one of the locations with the most foot-traffic on the Island. It boasts a high amount of expats, tourists and locals that live in the area, providing an endless amount of new potential customers
Accessibility - Sliema is very accessible by bus, car and walk. Being situated on a main bus route..
- Companies in the area - there are a huge amount of businesses based in the area. From office spaces, to childcares, to restaurants, there are a great many potential opportunites for new customers.
Should you need any more information about where you should look to open up your business, get in touch with us on +356 7937 1629 or send an email to [email protected]. At QLC, we have over 1000 properties for rent in Sliema on our database which can be found here.